Jaws 2 is a 1978 American thriller film directed by Jeannot Szwarc and starring Roy Scheider, Lorraine Gary and Murray Hamilton. It is the first sequel to Steven Spielberg's Jaws and the second installment in the Jaws franchise. The film was released on June 16, 1978.
Four years after the events of Jaws, police chief Martin Brody must protect the citizens of Amity Island once again when a second great white shark begins terrorizing the waters.
Why It's Better Than Jaws 3-D and Jaws: The Revenge
- Better storyline.
- Most of the original cast members return (except for Quint since he died in the first film).
- Hooper is mentioned when Brody speaks to him in a phone conversation.
- The actors and actresses do a good job (especially Roy Scheider and Lorraine Gary).
- We see the sunken Orca boat at the beginning, which is a nod to the first film.
- It doesn't take place during Christmas like in Jaws: The Revenge. It's still a Summer thrill ride.
- The shark looks way better than the ones from Jaws 3-D and The Revenge.
- Great musical score by John Williams.
- No laughable shark effects like in 3-D and Jaws: The Revenge
- The final showdown between Brody and the shark is awesome.
- The girl character can be pretty annoying--she screams A LOT!