Ghostbusters is a 1984 comedy starring Dan Aykroyd, the late Harold Ramis, Rick Moranis, Bill Murray, Ernie Hudson and Sigourney Weaver.
Four scientists create a group called "Ghostbusters" in response to a supernatural crisis in New York City.
Why It's Better Than Ghostbusters (2016)
- The idea for ghost hunting and extermination was original.
- Better writing by Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis.
- The characters are more likable in this version and ones that audiences will clearly root for.
- Better performances.
- A majority of the jokes are more amusing.
- The film spawned an animated spin-off series and a beverage called Ecto Cooler.
- Better special effects that are all practical.
- The fight scenes are MILES better than those in the 2016 film.
- Memorable music, especially the title song by Ray Parker, Jr.
- The Ecto-1 is an original car and has a siren that doesn't sound like an annoying car alarm siren like the Ecto-1 siren sounded in the reboot.
- More memorable villains.
- The final confrontation between the original Stay Puft marshmallow man was more exciting.
- The Ray Parker, Jr. version of the theme song is better than the Fall Out Boy version.