Big Fat Liar is a 2002 family comedy starring Frankie Muniz, Amanda Bynes and Paul Giamatti.
Jason Shepard (Frankie Muniz), a teenage boy who lies a lot goes with his friend Kaylee (Amanda Bynes) to Los Angeles to prevent a sleazy film producer named Marty Wolf (Paul Giamatti) from greenlighting a paper he wrote for school and turning it into a feature film.
Why It's Better Than Bigger Fatter Liar
- The idea was original.
- Aside from Malcolm In The Middle, Frankie Muniz was pretty much in his heydays of starring in TV and movies after doing My Dog Skip and this film.
- Amanda Bynes wasn't doing drugs.
- The film had tons more charm.
- There are nods to films like North by Northwest.
- We see the Delorean from Back To The Future in a warehouse.
- The comeuppance that Marty Wolf got was better than the one Larry Wolf got.