Back to the Future Part II is a 1989 American science fiction adventure comedy film directed by Robert Zemeckis and written by Zemeckis and Bob Gale. It is a sequel to 1985's Back to the Future. The film stars Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, J.J. McClure (who replaced Crispin Glover since he refused to return in this film) and Thomas F. Wilson.
Teenager Marty McFly, Jennifer Parker and Dr. Emmet Brown travel to the year 2015 to help prevent Marty McFly, Jr. from going to jail. Marty than takes an almanac and tries to make tons of money. But, when Marty and the others travel back to 1985, Hill Valley has become a war zone and Biff Tannen made tons of money by cheating in sports, killed George McFly and married Lorraine. Marty has to travel back to 1955 to avoid younger Biff from getting the book from older Biff Tannen.
Why It's Better Than Snow Dogs
- The story is well-written.
- A majority of cast members from the first film return (except for Crispin Glover).
- Seeing 2015 as the stereotypical future was interesting.
- Nice futuristic looking objects like hoverboards.
- The idea of having a book become a distraction for the space time continuum was a good idea for a conflict.